I can’t think of a better way to start off my blog than with a food post, especially since this skinny microwavable recipe includes my favourite thing ever; avocados.
It might seem a little weird at first but I’m sure I’m not the first person to use this wonderfully versatile fruit in a dessert recipe and I promise that it’ll turn out delicious – the buttery texture and subtle taste is a perfect substitute for the oil or butter that you would usually use. Plus extra brownie points since it’s so much healthier than those store bought cavity inducers.
Calories: 124 Time: 5 minutes
- Add dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder,baking soda, salt) into a mug and stir
- Mash avocado in a separate bowl
- Add water, mashed avocado, honey and vanilla extract
- Stir well until combined
- Heat in microwave at 1000 watts for 1 min 30 sec. If you want a fudgier consistency, 1 minute will do
- Add on whatever toppings you want. Since I was eating this for breakfast (perfect start to my intense study session), I added on blueberries and walnuts.
Adapted from realmomkitchen
- Curb Your Cravings: Healthy Chocolate Brownies (kriseldasoul.wordpress.com)
- Avocado Sea Salt Brownies (Yes, More Avocado. Call me Obsessed) (considerthepeel.wordpress.com)
- Avocado Brownies (greenlivingash.wordpress.com)
- Brownie In A Mug (pinperfect.wordpress.com)